The top three choices for bathroom countertops just happen to be natural stone. Quartz, granite, and marble have reigned supreme when it comes to kitchen and bath decor. Not only is stone easy to care for, but it's also recyclable, beautiful, and each slab is unique in its color and appearance.
Choosing your next bathroom countertop from the wide range of custom countertops options in Alpharetta can be a bit overwhelming. Understanding the durability and qualities of each type of natural stone available may make the selection easier. If you’ve never been able to do a visual, side-by-side comparison of what stones are available, it would be beneficial to visit countertops installers in Alpharetta.
This elegant, yet extremely versatile stone has topped the list in recent years as a favorite of designers and homeowners alike, and its popularity continues to rise. Quartz countertops are man-made using 90% quartz, a naturally hard mineral. The other 10% of its content is resins, polymers, and pigments, resulting in a very hard surface, similar to granite. If the quartz used has been coarsely ground, the appearance has a flecked appearance, and if finely ground, the finished stone has a smoother appearance.
Quartz countertops are the perfect choice for bathroom countertops in Alpharetta. Not only is it a super-durable material, quartz is waterproof, meaning that you can use them without worrying about erosion due to day-after-day exposure to moisture and water. And because it’s waterproof, quartz is a great choice if your bathroom has an undermount sink, or if you’re planning to install one. Quartz is also non-porous, and antimicrobial by design. Bacteria, air, or fluids cannot penetrate the surface, and it’s highly rated for its impact resistance, stain resistance, and its ability to stand up to daily wear-and-tear.
There’s a reason that granite continues to be one of the top choices for countertops. Granite is a superior material. It is resistant to scratches and heat, and once it’s sealed, it is resistant to stains as well. The most popular features of granite are its visual appeal and the wide variety of available colors. No two pieces of granite are identical, and its color varies according to the geographic location where it was mined, so your granite countertop’s color in Alpharetta won’t be exactly like anyone else’s.
Granite countertops tend to be extremely heavy, so it is best to ensure that you have your bathroom countertop area inspected by a professional to check for structural integrity.
If you are seeking an elegant, timeless stone, you should install bathroom countertops in Alpharetta made from marble. Marble is available in an array of unique colors, and pricing can vary according to the rarity and geographic source. Marble is softer than granite or quartz but is a durable material. It is a metamorphic stone, meaning it was transformed under the earth’s surface by heat, pressure, or another natural occurrence. Marble starts out as limestone, but some pieces of the limestone crystallize and form veins, and its texture is changed. Unlike granite and quartz, marble is porous, so it requires a bit more TLC. It is prone to chipping and scratching. Sealing it every year or so will keep it looking beautiful and protect its surface.
If you’re considering new bathroom countertops in Alpharetta, do your research to learn more about the variety of beautiful natural stone options. You may also want to consider soapstone or quartzite countertops as well.